Cuascrome is a harbour 5 kms from Caherciveen and just off the scenic Ring of Kerry route. This location is a gateway to magnificent Blue Flag beaches, world famous golf courses, historical sites, fishing, sailing, scuba diving, mountain climbing and walking routes all in a magnificently beautiful environment.
Cuascrome House is a detached 4 bedroom holiday home set on a half acre of private garden offering spectacular views of Cuascrome Harbour and Dingle Bay - all the rooms in this house overlook the sea. Ideal for families, this holiday home can accommodate up to 9 people in 2 double bedrooms, 1 twin bedroom and 1 triple bedroom (with 3 single beds). Three of the bedrooms are on the ground floor and the other (the triple room) is located on the first floor. There are three bathrooms - one shared full bathroom on the ground floor with bath, separate shower, w.c. and sink and two ensuite shower rooms with shower, w.c. and sink , one of which is on the ground floor ensuite to the twin bedroom and the other on the first floor ensuite to the triple bedroom.
There is an open plan living area which includes a lounge with dining table, a kitchen with 5 plate hob, oven, fridge freezer and dishwasher and a living room. There is an open fireplace in the lounge and a solid fuel stove in the living room where the satellite television is located. There is also a utility room with washing machine and drier. The house is heated with oil fired central heating.
The town of Caherciveen is 5 kms away and offers a selection of restaurants, coffee shops, pubs where you can find lively traditional music sessions, shops and supermarkets.
World famous Golf Courses including Waterville Links Course(15kms)(regularly played by Tiger Woods and the late Payne Stewart), Killarney (55kms) and Ballybunion (100kms) are easily accessible with numerous other golf courses nearby.
There is a good taxi service available in the area so if you wanted to drive into Caherciveen for the evening you can get a taxi home.
THINGS TO DO IN THE LOCAL AREA
Cuascrome is an extremely scenic and unspoilt area on the southern tip of Ireland. Located near to Caherciveen, Waterville and Valentia, the entire area is steeped in history and is an ideal base to experience Kerry and in particular South Kerry. Activities adjacent to Cuascrome include:
- Fishing - Cuascrome House is 500 metres from the pier in Cuascrome Harbour and is ideal for fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing trips are available from Caherciveen
- Horse-riding - a wonderful way to experience the dramatic local scenery
- Walking and Hiking - including the ‘Kerry Way’ a spectacular walking route
- Scuba Diving in the clear unpolluted waters
- Sailing - from the marina in Caherciveen
- Bird watching – the area is home to a wide variety of bird life with the internationally renowned ‘Little Sceilig’ being the worlds second largest gannet colony
- Boat trips including trips to the Sceilig Rock which includes an ancient monastic site
- Children's Playground in Caherciveen
- Killarney with its infamous Muckross House and Gardens and Dingle are both an hours drive away
- Drive around the Ring of Kerry.
For those with an interest in history, the area around Caherciveen is of great historical and archaeological importance including Derrynane House and the Sceilig Rock. Cahergal and Leacanabuaile stone forts are 1km from Cuascrome House. For art lovers, the Cill Riailig Artists Retreat is in neighbouring Ballinskelligs.
There is a folder in Cuascrome House which includes information, guide books and maps on all of the above. There is also a wide variety of reading material and a selection of CD's and DVD's for visitors use during their stay.
- From Killarney travel to Cahersiveen (60kms).
- When you arrive in Caherciveen town, turn right at the first cross roads you reach in the town, see signpost for White Strand.
- Go over the bridge to next cross roads and turn left.
- Travel on this road for approximately 2.5km past the Ring Fort, turn right on road signposted Cuascrome (spelt Cooscrome).
- Continue on this road passing the harbour on your left, and take the first right after the harbour - signed Private Road.
- Cuascrome House is the third house on the left hand side.