Uniquely situated directly on the shores of Lough Ree, offering fabulous panoramic views of the lake and the River Shannon. The house has its own harbour suitable for fishing and small boats. Located 3 miles from Athlone & just 1 mile from Athlone golf club. Athlone is an ideal touring base for a holiday in Ireland because of its central location and easy accessibility.
LOUGH REE HAVEN HOUSE
Bedroom layout: Down stairs double room with ensuite shower room.
Upstairs: One twin room /One family room with double bed and single bed /Bathroom.
The house comprises a spacious living, kitchen and dinning area which is fully equipped with all modern conveniences such as; Dishwasher, Fridge Freezer, Microwave, Washing Machine and Dryer. There are 3 bedrooms. For the avid fisherman there is also a Bait Room with Fridge. For the summer evenings there is garden furniture & a BBQ. There is also Multi-channel TV available.
Barrymore, Lough Ree, Athlone, is located 3 miles from Athlone Town, off the N61 Roscommon Road. (From Dublin M4 to Kinnigad, N6 to Athlone, Exit N61 Roscommon Road 2 miles)
Athlone located in the centre of Ireland is a thriving town on the banks of the River Shannon. It is hidden in the heartlands of the country & surrounded by lakes & rivers. It's an ideal destination for a holiday or weekend break. The town offers extensive choices in restaurants, shops, pubs, sport & leisure activities and entertainment:
- GOLF: Golf facilities are excellent with over nine courses to choose from within an hour’s radius of Athlone and it is only an hour and half from the K Club, venue of the 2006 Ryder Cup.
- BOAT TRIPS: Athlone's position on the River Shannon at the foot of Lough Ree provides the ideal location for water and leisure enthusiasts. Guided boat-trips of Lough Ree and the River Shannon are popular during the summer season.
- VISITOR ATTRACTIONS: A host of visitor attractions & heritage sites:
- Athlone Castle,
- Glendeer Pet Farm
- Children’s Indoor and Outdoor Play Centres
- Multi Screen Cinema
- Portlick Castle
- Portlick Millennium Forest
- Athlone Regional Swimming Pool
- Belevedere House
- Birr Castle
- West Offaly Railway
- Derryglad Folk Museum
- Drum Heritage Group
- King House
- Lockes Distillery Museum
- Roscommon County Museum
- Roscommon Castle
- Strokestown Park House
- Clay Pipe Visitor Centre
- Tullemore Dew
- Walking, cycling & driving trails are in abundance