- Bed linen and towels are supplied and rates include a servicing every 3 days.
- There is free Wi-Fi internet in each apartment and free parking.
- Adult guests can avail of free access to The Spa at Muckross with a vitality pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, outdoor hot tub and fitness suite (must be over 18 years). Children are not permitted in the pool or the Spa area at any time.
- All guests have complimentary bike hire to explore the local area.
- Breakfast is available in the Yew Tree Restaurant each morning from 7.30am to 10.30am and it is available for a supplement of €50 euro per apartment. Please pre-book on arrival at the reception
- The Reserve at Muckross has 2 wheelchair friendly units. Please enquire about the availability of them with our Reservations Team.
DOG FRIENDLY HOMES
Killarney is without a doubt one of Ireland’s finest and most beautiful tourist towns. This picturesque town is nestled among deep, lake filled valleys and Ireland’s highest mountains – the MacGillycuddy Reeks.
Killarney National Park (25,000 acres of lakes, rivers and walks) is literally across the road from The Reserve at Muckross Park Hotel. The Town itself provides an incredible range of beautiful shops, leisure activities, a multiplex cinema and entertainment that will help you relax and unwind throughout the day and night and a huge selection of restaurants to tempt your taste buds.
With its world famous golf courses including Killeen and O’Mahony’s Point, Killarney truly is a Golfer’s paradise. Other famous Kerry courses such as Ballybunion, Ring of Kerry, Kenmare, Dooks and Tralee are all within a short drive of Killarney.
Killarney is home to a huge number of Leisure Centres many of which offer daily and weekly membership to families. Upon arrival at reception, the team may be able to provide you with discounted passes to a nearby hotel swimming pool.
Killarney provides both the rambler and serious walker with the ultimate in diversity. The choice of walks is endless, from the Kerry Way which is the country's longest way-marked trail, to the highest peaks in Ireland - the Macgillycuddy Reeks
The Killarney Lakes are three in number, Lake Leane, Middle Lake and Upper Lake, all of which are all excellent for salmon and brown trout. Boats and ghillies can be arranged.
Pony trekking is a very popular activity in Killarney. Two of the most popular routes are through the National Park and the Gap of Dunloe Trek.
Killarney is the perfect place for cycling and bikes are available for hire on a daily or weekly basis.
Killarney is famous for its horse-drawn Jaunting Cars which offer the visitor a novel means of touring the sights.
Local Event Guide
May Bank Holiday Weekend Rally Of The Lakes:This year's Rally will bring spectators in their thousands to watch the tarmac rally crews do battle over the classic stages of the southwest.
Killarney National Park
The Reserve at Muckross Park Hotel is surrounded by the Killarney National Park which consists of 25,000 acres of lakes, rivers, mountains, wildlife and walks where all year round you can commune with Nature without interruption.
Ring of Kerry
A trip to Killarney would not be complete without experiencing the Ring of Kerry scenic drive around the Iveragh Peninsula taking you through such quaint and picturesque towns as Killorglin, Cahirsiveen, Waterville, Sneem and Kenmare.
Other attractions include:
- Torc Waterfall
- Ross Castle
- Gap of Dunloe
- Crag Cave
- Killarney Model Railway
- Museum of Irish Transport
- Moll’s Gap
- Dunloe Castle
- Ladies View
- Muckross Traditional Farm
By Train or Bus – regular daily trains and buses run directly to Killarney from Dublin and Cork. The Reserve at Muckross Park Hotel is less than a 10 minute taxi ride from the Station.
By Plane – Killarney has its own airport in Farranfore with an increasing number of direct flights. Car hire is available at the airport. The Reserve at Muckross Park Hotel is just a 20-25 minute taxi ride from the airport. Alternatively, Cork Airpoirt is approximately 100km or 1½ hour’s drive away.