1. A non–refundable booking deposit is required to confirm accommodation. At the majority of properties this is €200.00 per unit per week however for our larger properties or more exclusive properties the booking deposit may be higher. Confirmation will be issued to you upon receipt of deposit. In case of cancellations due to travel restrictions although non-refundable, this deposit will be fully transferable and can be held in credit to be used against any holiday with Dream Ireland over the next five years. The balance is due 6 weeks prior to arrival. Guests should contact Dream Ireland regarding payment of the balance. Directions and instructions regarding arrival at the property will be issued on receipt of balance of payment.
2. €49.00 euro handling fee applies to all reservations/bookings and is payable at the time of booking. This is non-refundable under any circumstances.
3. In event of cancellation the following charges will apply:
a) Booking deposit is strictly non-refundable under any circumstances
b) 6 to 2 weeks before date of arrival 50% cancellation charge will apply
c) 2 weeks or less before date of arrival 100% cancellation charge will apply
Refunds to credit cards are also liable to a 1.5% deduction.
4. Cancellation Cover – if you have opted to pay for Cancellation Cover at the time of booking, then the following terms and conditions will apply:
a) Cancellation Cover applies to cancellations up to 72 hours prior to your arrival date. “No shows” will not be refunded.
b) The booking deposit, handling fee and Cancellation Cover charges are non-refundable
c) Cancellation Cover must be purchased for each house booked – for example if you book 3 x houses for the same dates you must purchase Cancellation Cover for each of the houses booked.
d) Guests must inform Dream Ireland of their decision to cancel in order to receive their refund. Failure to notify Dream Ireland of cancellation of a booking will result in loss of all monies paid.
e) Should you decide NOT to opt for our Cancellation Cover, then our standard Cancellation Policy outlined about in Section 3 above will apply.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY OFFERING CANCELLATION COVER AT THIS TIME
5. Heating and electricity is an extra charge which is payable either to our caretaker on departure, or else prior to arrival, depending on the property you are booking (please check with our reservations team at time of booking). Energy charges are in many cases based on individual meter readings and it is recommended that the cost per unit be checked at the outset. At other properties, energy is charged at a daily rate, while at others, energy charges are included in the rate you have paid.
6. A security/damage deposit must be given to the Supervisor on arrival (please enquire with our reservations team for clarification of the amount as it will differ according to the property you book). This will be returned to you provided that the Supervisor is satisfied that the terms and conditions have been complied with. Cost of repairs to property as a result of negligence will be deducted from security deposit, with an additional charge where this is insufficient. In some locations the security deposit is returned to you after your departure.
7. Possession of your rental property should be taken between 16.00hrs and 19.00hrs and the property vacated before 10.00 hrs on the morning of departure. During the winter months early check-ins/ late checkouts may be requested.
8. We would appreciate it if you would contact the onsite Supervisor/Hotel 24 hours prior to your arrival with an estimated time of arrival. Failure to notify Supervisor/Hotel of late arrival may result in loss of booking. You will find the contact telephone number on your check in details, and these will be sent to you when your balance is paid. It is advised that you keep in contact with the Supervisor should you be delayed.
9. The proprietors are not responsible for any loss of valuables or property during your stay or left behind after departure.
10. The proprietors, Supervisors and Officers of Failte Ireland may at all times visit your rental property to inspect the property or carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
11. The number of persons stated on the reservation form must not be exceeded without first contacting the reservations office. If the rental is based on occupancy number, an additional charge will be made over the number occupying the property.
12. Dream Ireland Holiday Homes act as an agent only for holiday homes. The home owner/Management Company onsite reserves the right of final acceptance of all bookings.
13. Pets with the exception of Guide dogs are not permitted at most properties, however we do have a number of Pet friendly locations- please enquire with our reservations staff or view pet-friendly locations on www.dreamireland.com (extra charges may apply)
14. If clients behave in a disruptive manner, cause damage to property or behave in any other manner deemed unreasonable by the officer of the company, rental of the property may be terminated with no rental refund.
15. In the unlikely event that you have a complaint, it should immediately be brought to the attention of the onsite supervisor/ caretaker of the property to give them the opportunity to rectify matters. Complaints regarding your booking details should be directed to our reservations centre 9am-5pm Monday-Friday or 10am-5pm on Saturdays. If your complaint has not been satisfactorily resolved onsite, please advise Dream Ireland as soon as possible. All complaints must be made to Dream Ireland in writing within 14 days of departure.
16. Please specify your preferred accommodation unit on booking, which will be allocated to you strictly subject to availability. The supervisor reserves the right to allocate another unit other than your choice. If this is for an example an apartment and you have paid for a townhouse a refund for the difference in price will be given.
17. Telephones and Internet access are available in only some of our properties- please enquire on booking.
18. Requests for cots and high chairs must be made with Dream Ireland on booking and while we will endeavour where possible to meet your request, it cannot be guaranteed. Cot linen must be brought along with you.
19. You must be aged 25 years or more to book a holiday with Dream Ireland and there must be at least one adult (aged 25 years or more) travelling on any one booking.
20. If as a consequence of “Force Majeure”, Dream Ireland is forced to curtail, alter or cancel a holiday, the Client shall not be at liberty to maintain a claim for compensation or otherwise arising as a consequence of the said curtailment, alteration or cancellation of the holiday. In these terms and conditions the term Force Majeure shall mean Acts of God, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire, destruction or damage to holiday accommodation, riots, acts of civil war, civil commotion, requisition of property, insolvency or default of any provider of the accommodation, delays due to construction, or any other reason or event which Dream Ireland acting as Agents even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall.
21. If as a consequence of "Force Majeure", Dream Ireland is forced to curtail, alter or cancel a holiday, the Client shall not be at liberty to maintain a claim for compensation or otherwise arising as a consequence of the said curtailment, alteration or cancellation of the holiday. Although non-refundable, all monies paid to Dream Ireland will be fully transferable to alternative dates (please note there may be a difference in price depending on the dates you look to re-book) or they can be held in credit to be used against a future stay over the next 5 years. In these terms and conditions, the term Force Majeure shall mean Acts of God, natural disasters, pandemics, epidemics, health risks, adverse weather conditions, fire, destruction or damage to holiday accommodation, riots, acts of civil war, civil commotion, requisition of property, insolvency or default of any provider of the accommodation, delays due to construction, or any other reason or event which Dream Ireland acting as Agents even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall.
22. Any dispute or difference of any kind whatsoever which arises or occurs between any of the parties hereto in relation to any thing or matter arising under, out of or in connection with this Contract shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration Rules of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators – Irish Branch. Alternatively a claim may be pursued through the Small Claims Court.
23. Whilst every care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information detailed on Dream Ireland’s website, we cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions. All liability for loss by reliance on the information contained is hereby excluded. In the unlikely event that there is a miscalculation of the amounts due on your booking, we will inform you immediately giving details of the correct price thereby giving you the opportunity to accept or decline your reservation based on the recalculated rate.
Covid 19 Travel Restrictions
Where the Irish Government guidelines advise against any unnecessary travel in Ireland for people living in certain counties in Ireland, the onus will be on the guest to ensure they are compliant with any such applicable guidelines and to decide whether they should proceed with their booking with us. Where a guest makes the decision not to proceed with their holiday because of such advice, Dream Ireland will not be in a position to issue a refund however other options may be available and will be treated on a case by case basis.
In case of cancellations due to travel restrictions although non-refundable, the booking deposit will be fully transferable and can be held in credit to be used against any holiday with Dream Ireland over the next five years.