The Forge is an original 17th Century stone building set in the grounds of Roundwood House. Recently restored and comfortably converted is comes with all amenities of a modern holiday home.
It is a single split level apartment. There is one double bed with a small settee bed in the sitting room. Its design is an unusual and interesting use of wonderful architectural space. It is filled with books and paintings and has beautiful views of the gardens. For children there are games to play, woods to explore and animals to feed.
The forge is ideally situated in the heart of Ireland nestling at the foot of the Slieve Bloom Mountains - the most unspoilt range in Ireland and are perfect bases for touring the rest of the midlands.
* Prices are all inclusive, there are no extra charges for electricity, linen etc
* Linen and towels are provided
* The fires will be set upon arrival but subsequent firewood, if required, can be purchased on site.
* The nearest supermarket is in Mountrath, 5 kilometres from Roundwood
* There is a large selection of books in The Writers Cottage and more available for borrowing in the Main House.
* Breakfast and Dinner are available in the main house but need to be booked the day before.
* Wifi is not available in the Cottage but it is available in the main house. Guests that require internet access are always welcome to make themselves comfortable in the main drawing room or study.
There is another cottage on site called 'The Writers Cottage', please contact us for availability and rates.