Costelloe Lodge - A Titanic Retreat
"He loved all wild and solitary places, where we taste the pleasures of believing what we see is boundless as we wish our souls to be." Percy Bysshe Shelley
Costelloe Lodge in Connemara is an Edwardian Country Residence with views overlooking the Twelve Pins Mountain Range, the Atlantic Ocean and the Casla River. A property steeped in history in a stunning location and capable of accommodating up to 18 people.
Recently purchased by its new owners, Costelloe Lodge has been lovingly restored true to its original Edwardian Heritage. The owners have personally and carefully restored this fine residence to its former glory.
This house was originally designed by Edwin Lutjens for Bruce Ismay the Chairman of the White Star, the company which owned the Titanic ship. As a keen angler, this beautiful part of Connemara was Ismay's chosen retreat following the sinking of the ill-fated Titanic. Landscaped gardens originally designed by Gertrude Jekyll offer a stunning palette of colour to the estate with all the flora and fauna having been carefully selected to complement Connemara's wild and natural beauty.
DETAILS ABOUT COSTELLOE LODGE ACCOMMODATION
There are 8 bedrooms altogether in Costelloe Lodge. There are 2 x kingsize master bedrooms, 1 x king size bedroom, 2 x double bedrooms, 2 x twin bedrooms and one bedroom with a double bed and a single bed. An additional bed can also be provided to allow this house to comfortably sleep up to 18 people.
4 of the bedrooms are ensuite and the other bedrooms have a shared bathroom between two bedrooms.
- Breakfast Room
- Large Reception Room
- Drawing Room
- Dining Room
- Sun Room
- Games Room
Car Parking areas and three garages
This is a perfect house for a large group of people as there are plenty of private places to spend time as well as larger rooms such as the main sitting room and the dining room when you all want to spend time together.
Costelloe Lodge features in our Luxury Self Catering Rentals Ireland Collection
Please note that a non-refundable booking deposit of 25% is required at time of booking to secure your reservation at this property with the balance falling due for payment 12 weeks prior to arrival.
THE LOCAL AREA
Angling - Costelloe and Fermoyle Fisheries (next door)
Diving - Carraroe Coral Strand 10 minutes drive
Pony Trekking - Spiddal 20 minutes drive
Galway City - 40 minutes drive
Salthill - 30 minutes drive
Aran Islands - accessible locally by ferry
Rosaveal Harbour - 5 minutes drive
Satlhill Golf Club - 18 holes, 30 minutes drive
Island Golf Club, 9 holes, 10 minutes drive
Clifden - 40 minutes drive
PLACES WITHIN 40 MINUTES DRIVE
- Galway City
CARRAROE VILLAGE (5 kilometres) - SHOPS PUBS COFFEE SHOPS - RESTAURANTS.
- Bia Blasta coffee shop (Recommended)
- Local pubs and shops
- Spar Supermarket (Excellent butcher department) freshly baked bread and confectionary, fruit and vegetables.
- Royal Garden Chinese and European Restaurant
- An Cistin Pub serving food and snacks.
- Spar supermarket, Carraroe Village 5 kilometres
- Joyces Supermarket, Inverin approx 8 kilometres
- Smaller privately owned food shops within 8 kilometres.
The larger Supermarkets are in Galway City (approximately 35 kilometres):
- Dunnes Stores
- Marks and Spencer Food Hall
- Joyces (Salthill) (25 kilometres)
- White Gables Moycullen Village, Moycullen County Gaway 32 kilometers ( Book early!)
- Twelve Pins Hotel and restaurant
- Grady's of the Pier, Barna County Galway 30 kilometres ( Book early!)
- Twelve Pins Hotel and restaurant Barna Village County Galway ( Book early!)
- Donnellys Barna Village County Galway ( Book early!)
- Mulberrys Barna Village County Galway ( Book early!)
Spiddal Village 20 kilometres
- Builin Blasta award winning Coffee shop and restaurant located in the Spiddal Village Craft Centre
An information book will be given to all guests on arrival and will include a complete list of useful information detailing places to go, things to do, and recommended places to eat and drink.