Westerly House is a large and welcoming family residence located directly on the shores of Bantry Bay at Ballylickey, Co. Cork. In all there are 6 bedrooms so this holiday home can comfortably accommodate 12 people. What is truly unique about this very special property is its location on the water with its private pontoon providing direct access to the Bay along with the privacy provided by the stunning gardens.
This would be a wonderful place to vacation with your extended family or for a get- together with friends. The property is stylishly decorated yet at the same welcoming and homely.
There is a large, sitting room running along the rear of the property with windows overlooking the Bay along with an adjoining TV lounge. From here there is also access to the west-facing terrace, the outdoor Jacuzzi and the bay beyond.
The kitchen is warm and inviting with a large dining table. It is fully equipped and has a brand new island feature to provide additional seating. It overlooks the gardens and has a separate utility room with a guest toilet.
There is one large bedroom downstairs in this section of the house with a stunning new en-shower room.
Upstairs are 3 bedrooms –one double with wonderful sea-views and again a new en-suite shower, a second double bedroom overlooking the water also, a separate family bathroom and a third large family bedroom with a double bed and a single bed looking onto the extensive garden. All the bathrooms have been totally renovated to a very high standard.
The left wing of the house can be accessed from outside through a separate entrance and from inside, from the main sitting room area. It contains an enormous master bedroom with incredible sea-views and a stand-alone bath in the bedroom! There is also a second double en-suite bedroom featuring a bath and wet room style shower.
STRICTLY NO PETS ALLOWED AT THIS PROPERTY
Westerley House features in our Luxury Vacation Rentals Ireland Collection
BEDROOM 1 Superking size bed (180cm x 200cm/ 6ft x 6ft 6”)
BEDROOM 2 Superking size bed (180cm x 200cm/ 6ft x 6ft 6”)
BEDROOM 3 Superking size bed (180cm x 200cm/ 6ft x 6ft 6”) which can be divided into twin beds (zip n link) i.e. 2 x 90cm x 200cm/ 3ft x 6ft 6”
BEDROOM 4 Superking size bed (180cm x 200cm/ 6ft x 6ft 6”) which can be divided into twin beds (zip n link) i.e. 2 x 90cm x 200cm/ 3ft x 6ft 6”
BEDROOM 5 King size bed (180cm x 190cm/ 6ft x 6ft 3”) which can be divided into twin beds (zip n link) i.e. 2 x 90cm x 190cm / 3ft x 6ft 3”
BEDROOM 6 King size bed (180cm x 190cm/ 6ft x 6ft 3”) which can be divided into twin beds (zip n link) i.e. 2 x 90cm x 190cm / 3ft x 6ft 3”
FEATURES OF THE PROPERTY
This property has a pontoon for swimming from, a private mooring and there are kayaks for your personal use *** see below
The gardens are well maintained and have lots of nooks and crannies to discover during your stay. An outdoor hot-tub allows you enjoy the stunning setting and views in privacy thanks to the planting and trees surrounding the property.
This is a welcoming and impressive home recently renovated in style by its new owners. It is fresh and modern and offers everything you would require during your stay and our local caretakers would be delighted to help with any arrangements you may like to make during your stay.
Please note that a non-refundable booking deposit of 25% is required at time of booking to secure your reservation at this property with the balance falling due for payment 12 weeks prior to arrival.
- A security deposit of €800.00 will be required in advance of your stay. Our careteker Annette will email you a link 7 days prior to arrival with a PayPal invoice which we would ask that you pay straight away. The security deposit will be refunded within 7 days of departure to the guest by bank transfer if there is no loss or damage to the house, equipment or utensils and Westerly is left in a clean and tidy condition. Any breakages or damages will be deducted from your deposit.
- Electricity, oil heating and telephone are all on meters and not included in the rental price and will be deducted from the Security deposit and the balance returned by bank transfer within 7 days of the rental departure date in accordance with the conditions above.
- The price includes: bed linen, towels and all other household linen. Change of bed linen by request, not included in the price. Housekeeping can also be provided at an additional charge.
- Kayaks are available for your use during your stay however if you wish to use them you must wear the lifejackets supplied.
- Please note that a non-refundable booking deposit of 25% is required at time of booking to secure your reservation at this property with the balance falling due for payment 12 weeks prior to arrival.
Westerly is located just 5kms from Bantry town in one direction and 5kms from Glengarriff Village in the other. It is well located for playing golf in the region or for touring the area to discover this section of the Wild Atlantic Way. Manning's Food Emporium , a restaurant and delicatessen is located just across the road from Westerly and offers a great selection of locally sourced delicious dishes to eat in or take away. Catering for special occasions can also be arranged with Manning's should you wish to entertain at home.